03 May Maths Week London is Calling!
Maths Week London is returning this June and we are über excited! This year Maths Week London will run from 27th June to 1st July 2022 and we are thrilled to be a Silver Partner.
Maths Week London’s mission is to ignite a love of maths in children across the capital. At Maths Circle, we aim to highlight the importance of maths as a key life skill, and we support Maths Week London’s message that maths should be enjoyable, relatable and accessible.
Working with schools and families, Maths Week London aims to:
- improve children’s confidence in mathematics and encourage a positive attitude
- demonstrate to children the value of maths as a lifelong skill by linking it to the wider world around them
- encourage all children to develop their maths skills and become confident mathematicians.
For NumBots, we’ve created our own addition and subtraction game called Bot Trumps!
Bot Trumps is an interactive card game played between two players or more. The aim is to use adding and subtracting to trump your opponent and steal all their cards!
Once you’ve signed up and printed off the cut-out cards, you’re ready to go! Instructions are included in the pack and there are also reduced colour options for printing.
To access Bot Trumps, please sign up to Maths Week London below (it’s completely free!).
For Times Tables Rock Stars, London Rocks will be returning from Monday 27th June to Wednesday 29th June!
For schools based in Greater London, we have a 3-day competition where schools battle it out to become the number 1 school in London at times tables (and division)!
To sign up your school (free for TTRS subscribers), click the link below:
As well as Bot Trumps and London Rocks, by registering to Maths Week London, you will be able to:
- apply for funding to support your school take part in Maths Week London (deadline 1st April)
- download a range of free resources
- register to attend free events
- take part in one of the Maths Week London contests and competitions
Join in the celebration and register to take part!